Thursday, October 18, 2012

One Mans Opinion - Jenny Simmons - Heaven Waits For Me



Well, this is my very first music review.  I am a disc jockey, not a writer, so please excuse the occasional run-on sentence and other errors in my grammar.  Here we go...

A few months ago, I was saddened to hear that Addison Road was to be no more.  Over the past few years, I felt connected to their music, especially "What Do I Know of Holy" and "Hope Now".  On the other hand, I was glad to hear lead vocalist Jenny Simmons would continue on as a solo artist.

Jenny has a unique and powerful voice, but moreover, possesses an ability to let her personality shine clearly  through her vocals.  I feel like I know her, even though we have never met (yet). I have always found Jenny's treatment of song lyrics to be honest, real and vulnerable.

Heaven Waits For Me:  Jenny's first solo release on Fair Trade Records is "Heaven Waits For Me".  Here is your basic uptempo, bubbly, toe-tapping tune about...dying.  Not exactly what you would expect, but it really works.  The song shares the joy of how God blesses us in our present life, and how, as believers, we are promised life eternal in His Kingdom.  The lyrics are laced with God's goodness, contentment and anticipation for the future.  As I mentioned earlier, Jenny's cup-cake-loving personality  pours out of the vocal.    This is a great first effort and I am looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.


No comments:

Post a Comment